Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Sporting Clays













Roger, John, Johnny, Phil and I went out to a Sporting Clays range the day after Thanksgiving. I did some of this last Christmas with my Dad, brother and brother-in-law, but not the whole course. Roger was a little apprehensive in going because he hadn't shot in 15 years. So he didn't want us to "show him up". Well it became blatantly obvious that it was a huge ploy to get us all out there, with our chests puffed out and our egos high, and completely decimate us. He was relentless in his effort to show us just how terrible we were at shooting. I'm sure I saw him several times shooting from the hip and behind his back and even a diving roll behind a tree with his eyes closed using his right hand. It was very humiliating to say the least. It wouldn't have been so bad if he wouldn't have laughed and pointed in our face after every hit saying, "In your face, punk". And, "Who's your daddy!!". Well, after 50 rounds and a bruised shoulder, we were finally done. We tallied the scores,(no comment) then headed home. It really was a great time and was fun hanging out with the guys. I'm planning on doing it again at Christmas time, but I think somebodies invitation may get lost in the mail!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, it's a good thing I wasn't able to go with you guys. You'd REALLY be feeling like a shmuck! At least you know which end of your gun to hold now, eh? Ha! Shmuck-boy...