Sunday, July 22, 2007

Blue Angels




Last Saturday, the kids and I went to McConnell AFB in Wichita, for an airshow by the Blue Angels. It was the first time I had seen them since I was a kid, probably at Moffett Field in California. So this was really exciting for me, to see them again and for the kids to experience the show. After we arrived, we walked 20 minutes to get to the gate, then had to wait in line for a quarter mile to go through the security check. Finally through, we walked forever to make it to the static displays. There were some cool planes there and you could go inside several of them. We decided to wait in line to tour a KC-135 air re-fueler, but after moving forward 10 feet in 15 minutes, I said we'd hit it on the way out. By this time the show was starting, so we headed over to the viewing area where we broiled for the next 5 hours. The bank signs said it was 100 but I'm sure it was closer to 150. The afterburner blast from the F-18's was a welcomed relief if that tells you anything.

The show was great and we all had fun, despite the heat. It was neat to see the Blue Angels again after so long and especially after their crash earlier in the year. I hope this will be a happy memory the kids can look back on when they take their kids to a show. Thanks Dad for the shows we went to!
For those who are interested, here are all the pics we took.

No comments: